Tuesday, May 15, 2012

R.I.P Adam Yauch aka MCA


There's just too much to say about MCA. He was a real renaissance man. Hip hop pioneer, director, musician, philanthropist. As one of the Beastie Boys he helped create a unique style of music by fusing a wide variety of genres into one.

After a three year battle with throat cancer, on May 4th 2012 his body finally succumbed to the disease. He was 47 years old and he will be missed.

For me the beasties were the Rolling Stones of my generation. They were a huge influence on my life. Their style, music, and attitude represented everything I was about. So many of their songs take me back to a different point of my life. There will always be a special place in my heart for the Beastie Boys. R.I.P. Adam Yauch.

Below is the star-studded film Fight for Your Right (Revisited) in full.


No comments:

Post a Comment