Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Emotiv - Interaction of the Future


This is what is next! The ultimate couch potato tool. Emotiv Systems is an Australian electronics company that is developing brain-computer interfaces based on electroencephalography or EEG technology.  This would allow users to control computer applications and software with ones mind. Look mom no hands!

When I first got turned on to this technology by my friend Wink, all I could think of was the 1983 feature film Brainstorm starring Christopher Walken. This is a direct result of science fiction turned reality. Just think of how many different uses this could have. And it will only cost as low as $300 and as much as $7,500 depending on what package you buy. If you get one let me know, because I want to come over and play.




Here's the trailer to Brainstorm so that you can see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment